Bootcamp Week #9: Share & Use
(this week’s vid)
You’ve got your Messaging Framework. Now what?
Now you make sure staff, board and volunteers all know about it. And you make sure that everyone practices the Top-Level Message for at least three months before they start tweaking.
That’s right. Three months. Why? Because that’s long enough to figure out what was simply uncomfortable vs what isn’t working. Anything less than that and you’re just giving in to the status quo, reverting to what’s comfortable but not necessarily compelling.
It’s also time to do an inventory of all your communications and marketing materials, both on and off-line. Then go through and make everything consistent. A bit boring perhaps, but worthwhile. Very worthwhile.
This Week’s To-Do’s
- Send to board and staff. Ideally, hold a training and give them the chance to practice, practice, practice.
- Inventory your materials and make all messaging consistent.
- Give yourself a great big high-five–you made it through the Nonprofit Messaging Bootcamp!
About Claxon’s Nonprofit Messaging Bootcamp
This is week #9–the final week–of our Nonprofit Messaging Bootcamp. If you’d like to get your messaging booty in shape, here’s what you do.
- Download the Nonprofit Messaging Roadmap,
- Sign up for our free Tune-Up Tuesday videos,
- Read through each of the posts and watch the weekly vids available here.